Treatment Tips for Relenza
General Information on Dosing With RelenzaSome considerations for people taking Relenza include the following:
- The medication is inhaled into the lungs, either one or twice a day, depending on several factors. If you take Relenza twice a day, try to space it evenly (every 12 hours). If you take it once a day, try to take it at the same time each day.
- Relenza is inhaled using a special non-propellant inhaler with special foil disks. Each disk contains four small, foil blisters, which contain the powdered medication. These blisters are punctured, and the powder is inhaled using your own breath.
- Be sure to keep the blisters horizontal while using the drug; otherwise, the powder can spill out.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use the Relenza inhaler. There are several steps necessary to assemble and use it. These steps are clearly outlined in the patient information that comes with Relenza.
- For treating the flu, Relenza works better the earlier it is started. Ideally, it should be started within 48 hours of the onset of flu symptoms.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Relenza dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.